LAST BOOK PURCHASED BEFORE 2021!

2020 is the year I embark on this "Tsundoku Dilution Project." Tsundoku is the Japanese term related to buying books which will lie about the house unread. As my To-Read stacks glower and they continue to rise, I decided not to buy a single new book in 2020 and simply read through the glowering stacks.

...which is to say, I had to visit a bookstore in the last day of 2019 so I'd have one last shot at buying a new book! I visited Mainstreet Bookmine, appreciated its window display of snowflakes crafted from what looks like upcycled book pages, and bought this:






Based on the jacket side copy, looks like a book that's just perfect for Moi! Looking forward to Optic Nerve by Maria Gainza, Trans. by Thomas Bunstead!  And, see you in 2021, dear booksellers!



Comments